I.M.P.A.C.T. is a Christian homeschool co-op, that offers classes for children ages birth through high school. We have a particular goal of maintaining a high standard of academics in upper grades to prepare our kids for whatever challenges they may encounter beyond high school, while creating an environment for the younger grades that encourages the love of learning. Spiritually, our goal is to provide an environment that fosters growth in faith through Christian-based teaching, weekly chapel time, and encouragement of a servant heart toward one another.
Socially, we include activities such as outings, a few group class projects, plus additional special activities for high school, including an annual graduation ceremony, with the goal that students develop lasting friendships with one another. We meet in the Maple Valley, Washington, area on Mondays throughout the school year.
To support our goals to provide excellent academics within a Christian worldview, we have the following Statement of Faith and Mission Statement.
Statement of Faith
The I.M.P.A.C.T. statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe.
We believe that, in order to preserve the function and integrity of I.M.P.A.C.T., it is imperative that all persons who join I.M.P.A.C.T. or who serve as volunteers agree to and abide by this Statement of Faith including the Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. (Phil. 2:14-16; 1 Thes. 5:22)
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, creator of all, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in salvation by grace alone, through faith in Christ alone, as revealed in the Bible alone, all to the glory of God alone.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom. 10:9-10; 1 Cor. 6:9-11)
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual will not be tolerated and are not in accord with Scripture.
Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen. 1:26-27) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen. 2:18-25) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor. 6:18, 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including but not limited to adultery, pre-marital sex, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt. 15:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:9-10)
The mission of I.M.P.A.C.T. is to establish a cooperative Christian homeschool group which endeavors:
For parents: To provide academic instruction that enhances their effort as they fully accept the biblical responsibility to “train up a child in the way he should go.” (Proverbs 22:6)
For children: To provide excellent academic instruction from a biblical Christian world view, to inspire a love for learning, to equip them to think clearly, concisely, and critically with character reflecting that of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Cor. 8:1b)